MY TALENT, MY PRIDE( BELIEVE IN YOURSELF) Skip to main content

A story of my confused state

  2018, I moved to Ogun state and had to seek employment in a school within my vicinity. As a Lagos teacher, I was used to a vibrant class, swift answers and mushy acts by my students. So I resumed at my new work place with that fully charged energy. The first day got me confused. I was to teach the primary classes, I started my class and it was obvious these children were not following. They could neither understand what I was saying nor did they show any bit of interest. It was then I knew I had to start from the scratch. First, I had to create a connection. I wanted them to understand that I am first their friend. I needed to set the foundation that they can have both a friend and teacher in one. After that, I came down to their level. I made them feel and appreciate every little progress they made. I built up their interest in education. We worked together, applying several strategies I discovered and created, and within some month the growth was evident. Eureka is a book that ...

MY TALENT, MY PRIDE( BELIEVE IN YOURSELF)

Believe in yourself and all that you have to offer, make sure your ...
Long ago in a certain village lived a little damsel by name Loretta, she lived with her parents and two siblings. Loretta lived in a world of her own, she sees her self doing things that she doesn't understand and most times wondered why she does them, she was tagged useless by her parents and the whole villagers.

Loretta was never ever bothered by what her parents or anyone says about her but thou she still wishes she would stop those act of hers. in school she was always at the bottom of the class, she doesn't seem to understand what was been thought in class but always tries as much as possible to read. 

Everyday she would say to herself "with God by my side i can make it" she never ceased encouraging herself despite the rebuke she got from all around her. she believed in the saying SMILERS NEVER LOSE so she made sure she was found smiling at all time.

Few years later Loretta graduated from secondary school and was seeking admission to the university, she narrowly escaped jamb and now she pondered on how she was going to pass her post-jamb.
days after she wrote her post-jamb it was announced in the news that the Governor of the state asked the school to reduce their cut-off mark so as to enable more aspirants gain admission and that was how Loretta gained admission into the university.

Loretta now having graduated from the university was in search of a job, her father suggested that since she wasn't good at anything she should go and learn a trade but she disagreed saying she wants to work in a big company. everyone laughed at her, they knew no one would want to take a dullard like her.

After waiting for about two months and none of the companies she submitted her CV to called her she decided to go there herself. on getting to one of the companies she asked to see the manager.  the receptionist looked at her and wondered where she got such boldness from "does she even know who our manager is" she thought to herself.  she asked her if she has an appointed with him and she replied yes.

On getting to the office the manager was surprised to see her since there wasn't any appointment booked, so he asked her the reason for her visit and she explained to him that she submitted her CV in the company but hasn't been called for an interview.  after checking through her CV he explained to her that she wasn't qualified for the post due to her academic performance but Loretta told him her academic qualifications doesn't define her at all. she further told him that she believes in herself and that she knows she is the best person for the job.

The manger listened to her attentively and had no doubts that she was the best for the position " what a girl. such boldness" he said to himself, he has interviewed so many here but none was so confident of their selves as Loretta was. he immediately gave her the job and told her to resume soonest.

I would have loved to take you through the rest of Loretta's story, as at the time of this writing she is at Newyork with her husband and three kids.  it doesn't matter what everyone else is saying, what matters is what you are saying to yourself. BE POSITIVE
#Jesustibab



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

UNDERSTANDING the way to PERFECTION

Perfect sontin!!! I want a perfect job, husband,wife, boyfriend,girlfriend, I want to be perfect. These are demands we make daily. You can't get a perfect sontin, job, husband, wife, boyfriend, girlfriend... These are answers we get when we ask for the above. What exactly is perfection? Though the dictionary defined it as without fault, weakness, to be complete, exact and correct But in the actual sense understanding comes before perfection There is actually no perfect human on earth, but there perfect humans on earth if understanding is placed first. Perfection to me is "knowing the fault, weakness, lack... Of a person, thing, job or yourself, understanding it is already a part of them and deciding those you can change and those that can't be changed, then seeing the person, thing, job or yourself as perfect. For someone or something to be perfect You must have listed out their weakness and faults. Note those you can change and work on them Note those you can...

HOW TO COPE WITH SLOW LEARNERS

I remember my first experience with a slow learner. At first I thought he was just lazy but later I realised it wasn't laziness. He was always quite, doesn't answer questions in class and rarely relate with his peers. Within months of my stay in the school I started noticing some changes in my boy. He now attempts assignment and classwork given. He talks in class and now relates well with his classmates. The trick is to first make them feel safe in class rather than make your expectations a burden to them. Over the years I've had to teach slow Learners and it has been a wonderful experience. The link below is a podcast where I talked on how to cope with Slow Learners. It's a ten minutes audio that summarizes strategies you can put in place when you have a slow learner in class. If you have questions, I'll be glad to answer them. https://anchor.fm/MissDairo%20/episodes/How-to-cope-with-Slow-Learners-ef5bj4 Don't forget to leave a comment and share w...

THE OTHER SIDE

Am not here to talk an about the other room oh LOL😆😆 this one is about the other side. Please drop your comments, I would love to know how you feel about this post.    I was in church for the digging deep service, when the Preacher started teaching I noticed what he was saying didn't correspond with the digging deep study sheet I was given.  I checked the date of the sheet and it was 18th of October 2016 and the date for that day was 11th. I noticed the congregation didn't look confused like I was so I thought of calling the attention of the usher.  Before I could get the attention of the ushers I decided to turn the other side of the sheet and there it was 11th October 2016 the topic for that day. NOTE: Before I realized the topic been preached was on the other side, the preacher was almost through with the teaching. This singular event opened my eyes to amazing life lessons I would be sharing here. 1) Majority of us have been believing God for a particu...