CONTENTMENT Skip to main content

A story of my confused state

  2018, I moved to Ogun state and had to seek employment in a school within my vicinity. As a Lagos teacher, I was used to a vibrant class, swift answers and mushy acts by my students. So I resumed at my new work place with that fully charged energy. The first day got me confused. I was to teach the primary classes, I started my class and it was obvious these children were not following. They could neither understand what I was saying nor did they show any bit of interest. It was then I knew I had to start from the scratch. First, I had to create a connection. I wanted them to understand that I am first their friend. I needed to set the foundation that they can have both a friend and teacher in one. After that, I came down to their level. I made them feel and appreciate every little progress they made. I built up their interest in education. We worked together, applying several strategies I discovered and created, and within some month the growth was evident. Eureka is a book that ...

CONTENTMENT

I was the financial secretary of my fellowship in year 2015, which I had the fellowship's fund with me.
There where days in school I had no food to eat, there was this particular day I fasted and had nothing to eat, the next day I still didn't eat anything until in the evening when I managed to get garri to drink.
Though I was going through tough time but I didn't touch the fellowship funds.
I kept the financial records of the fellowship so even if I removed some amount, no one would know

The reason many turn greedy is all due to lack of contentment.
So many argue that lack of contentment isn't bad, they believe we should crave for more at all time.
Yes, it really isn't bad to crave for more, but while asking for more make do with what you have presently.

Contentment means to make do with the present while working towards a better tomorrow.
Not been contented is a very great sin that we ignore.
When you're not contented you steal, kill, engage in illegal acts, sell your body just to get more.

My teacher in primary school told me there was a time she boiled water, salt, Maggi, palm oil and she with her kids used it in eating EBA.

I remember those days we drank garri on Christmas day, does days we go into the bush in search of snails to use in cooking.
We were contended.

Today is a product of yesterday, and tomorrow will be a product of today.
Rather than engage in illegal acts just to gain comfort why not prepare yourself for a great tomorrow.

If you tread the wrong path today just to live in comfort, you will regret it tomorrow.

As a child be contented with what your parents can offer today, then study, pray and be determined so that your next today (tomorrow) will be great.

There is great gain in contentment
I'm a living testimony
#JesusTibab 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

UNDERSTANDING the way to PERFECTION

Perfect sontin!!! I want a perfect job, husband,wife, boyfriend,girlfriend, I want to be perfect. These are demands we make daily. You can't get a perfect sontin, job, husband, wife, boyfriend, girlfriend... These are answers we get when we ask for the above. What exactly is perfection? Though the dictionary defined it as without fault, weakness, to be complete, exact and correct But in the actual sense understanding comes before perfection There is actually no perfect human on earth, but there perfect humans on earth if understanding is placed first. Perfection to me is "knowing the fault, weakness, lack... Of a person, thing, job or yourself, understanding it is already a part of them and deciding those you can change and those that can't be changed, then seeing the person, thing, job or yourself as perfect. For someone or something to be perfect You must have listed out their weakness and faults. Note those you can change and work on them Note those you can...

HOW TO COPE WITH SLOW LEARNERS

I remember my first experience with a slow learner. At first I thought he was just lazy but later I realised it wasn't laziness. He was always quite, doesn't answer questions in class and rarely relate with his peers. Within months of my stay in the school I started noticing some changes in my boy. He now attempts assignment and classwork given. He talks in class and now relates well with his classmates. The trick is to first make them feel safe in class rather than make your expectations a burden to them. Over the years I've had to teach slow Learners and it has been a wonderful experience. The link below is a podcast where I talked on how to cope with Slow Learners. It's a ten minutes audio that summarizes strategies you can put in place when you have a slow learner in class. If you have questions, I'll be glad to answer them. https://anchor.fm/MissDairo%20/episodes/How-to-cope-with-Slow-Learners-ef5bj4 Don't forget to leave a comment and share w...

THE OTHER SIDE

Am not here to talk an about the other room oh LOL😆😆 this one is about the other side. Please drop your comments, I would love to know how you feel about this post.    I was in church for the digging deep service, when the Preacher started teaching I noticed what he was saying didn't correspond with the digging deep study sheet I was given.  I checked the date of the sheet and it was 18th of October 2016 and the date for that day was 11th. I noticed the congregation didn't look confused like I was so I thought of calling the attention of the usher.  Before I could get the attention of the ushers I decided to turn the other side of the sheet and there it was 11th October 2016 the topic for that day. NOTE: Before I realized the topic been preached was on the other side, the preacher was almost through with the teaching. This singular event opened my eyes to amazing life lessons I would be sharing here. 1) Majority of us have been believing God for a particu...