VALUE YOURSELF Skip to main content

A story of my confused state

  2018, I moved to Ogun state and had to seek employment in a school within my vicinity. As a Lagos teacher, I was used to a vibrant class, swift answers and mushy acts by my students. So I resumed at my new work place with that fully charged energy. The first day got me confused. I was to teach the primary classes, I started my class and it was obvious these children were not following. They could neither understand what I was saying nor did they show any bit of interest. It was then I knew I had to start from the scratch. First, I had to create a connection. I wanted them to understand that I am first their friend. I needed to set the foundation that they can have both a friend and teacher in one. After that, I came down to their level. I made them feel and appreciate every little progress they made. I built up their interest in education. We worked together, applying several strategies I discovered and created, and within some month the growth was evident. Eureka is a book that ...

VALUE YOURSELF

Thinking about my junior secondary schools days
This handsome guy in my class wrote on the
black board "Titi is the most beautiful girl in
class"
I was overjoyed, I felt on top of the world, I
blushed. I walked with pride for a long time.
I even made sure I never changed my hairdo.
chai!!!
I cried the day I learnt he left our school, who
would make me feel good about myself?
I was going through a lot at home, I felt I wasn't
good enough, I felt I wasn't useful, I thought I
was so ugly, I hated myself.
Now you know why I was so happy when he
declared my beauty!
Thinking about that incident it became clearer
why people get deceived easily.
Imagine a child who was introduced into a world
of hatred, imagine a child who have been made
to believe they worth nothing.
Imagine someone shows them a bit of love, what
happens? They become so happy and eager to
explore this new world and that's where rape,
drug abuse and others comes in.
Until you learn to value yourself
Until you learn to love and appreciate yourself
Until you learn to praise yourself
Until you believe that God created you in a
beautiful and wonderful way...
Until then you just might fall victim to deceivers.
teenage Relationship chat loading...
# Jesustibab

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

UNDERSTANDING the way to PERFECTION

Perfect sontin!!! I want a perfect job, husband,wife, boyfriend,girlfriend, I want to be perfect. These are demands we make daily. You can't get a perfect sontin, job, husband, wife, boyfriend, girlfriend... These are answers we get when we ask for the above. What exactly is perfection? Though the dictionary defined it as without fault, weakness, to be complete, exact and correct But in the actual sense understanding comes before perfection There is actually no perfect human on earth, but there perfect humans on earth if understanding is placed first. Perfection to me is "knowing the fault, weakness, lack... Of a person, thing, job or yourself, understanding it is already a part of them and deciding those you can change and those that can't be changed, then seeing the person, thing, job or yourself as perfect. For someone or something to be perfect You must have listed out their weakness and faults. Note those you can change and work on them Note those you can...

HOW TO COPE WITH SLOW LEARNERS

I remember my first experience with a slow learner. At first I thought he was just lazy but later I realised it wasn't laziness. He was always quite, doesn't answer questions in class and rarely relate with his peers. Within months of my stay in the school I started noticing some changes in my boy. He now attempts assignment and classwork given. He talks in class and now relates well with his classmates. The trick is to first make them feel safe in class rather than make your expectations a burden to them. Over the years I've had to teach slow Learners and it has been a wonderful experience. The link below is a podcast where I talked on how to cope with Slow Learners. It's a ten minutes audio that summarizes strategies you can put in place when you have a slow learner in class. If you have questions, I'll be glad to answer them. https://anchor.fm/MissDairo%20/episodes/How-to-cope-with-Slow-Learners-ef5bj4 Don't forget to leave a comment and share w...

THE OTHER SIDE

Am not here to talk an about the other room oh LOL😆😆 this one is about the other side. Please drop your comments, I would love to know how you feel about this post.    I was in church for the digging deep service, when the Preacher started teaching I noticed what he was saying didn't correspond with the digging deep study sheet I was given.  I checked the date of the sheet and it was 18th of October 2016 and the date for that day was 11th. I noticed the congregation didn't look confused like I was so I thought of calling the attention of the usher.  Before I could get the attention of the ushers I decided to turn the other side of the sheet and there it was 11th October 2016 the topic for that day. NOTE: Before I realized the topic been preached was on the other side, the preacher was almost through with the teaching. This singular event opened my eyes to amazing life lessons I would be sharing here. 1) Majority of us have been believing God for a particu...