LIFE'S TRAFFIC Skip to main content

A story of my confused state

  2018, I moved to Ogun state and had to seek employment in a school within my vicinity. As a Lagos teacher, I was used to a vibrant class, swift answers and mushy acts by my students. So I resumed at my new work place with that fully charged energy. The first day got me confused. I was to teach the primary classes, I started my class and it was obvious these children were not following. They could neither understand what I was saying nor did they show any bit of interest. It was then I knew I had to start from the scratch. First, I had to create a connection. I wanted them to understand that I am first their friend. I needed to set the foundation that they can have both a friend and teacher in one. After that, I came down to their level. I made them feel and appreciate every little progress they made. I built up their interest in education. We worked together, applying several strategies I discovered and created, and within some month the growth was evident. Eureka is a book that cove

LIFE'S TRAFFIC

I left home past 6 for work and ought to get there before 8am but due to the traffic i got to work around 9, and the look of everyone's face showed *nawa ooo seh this one no fit wake up early again*. I actually explained to them i left home quite early but the traffic spoilt the show, but i could put words to their facial expression saying *traffic kwa, sebi we too na road we pass* and an answer just flashed my mind which actually birth this article " we didnt pass the same road, the traffic on my side of the road was terrible"
I dislike it when people are been judgemental or when they use their success as a yardstick for others.
I'm not saying its bad to have role models, the aim of having a role model shouldn't be to be like them but rather to learn from them.
Comparison is very bad, it is a destiny confuser.  It is a tricky way of making people take a different path for their destiny.

So many times  we measure the achievements of others using our yardstick. We believe they are lazy, dull and not focused like you are and that's why they couldn't achieve what you achieved. 
When a tailor wants to sew your cloth, they have you measured first before cutting out the material. They just don't use their measurements or someone's else measurement to sew yours because it would end up with a fault.
 Do you know so many actually put much effort as you but still have nothing to show for it.
You don't have to use your yardstick in measuring others and vice versa.
Destiny differs, the obstacle on Mr A's destiny might be more than that on Mr B's destiny.
That you both left the same time doesn't mean you would arrive the same time. The path to our destiny differs and so does the obstacle on it.
So many have lost their destinies because  they used the wrong yardstick in measuring themselves and due to lack of patience they took the path of another's destiny thus ending in the wrong place. 

Rather than opt out of God's plan for you due to the traffic you are facing on the path, you can try the following:

HOW TO OVERCOME THE TRAFFIC ON YOUR PATH 
 when i noticed the heavy traffic on the road makes me get late to work i did the following:
1) WAKE UP EARLIER THAN YOUR USUAL TIME: Relating this to the article, you have to put in more effort in whatever you are doing. Give it your very best at all time.  Put your head in the game at all time.

2) SOME OF THE THINGS I USUALLY DO IN THE MORNING WAS DONE AT NIGHT: Change your schedule. Revisit the thing you do and scrap out unnecessary activities . Adjust your activities, check yourself out. Are you the reason for the traffic? Is your attitude worthy of appraisal? 

3) I PLANNED MY DRESSING FOR THE WEEK ON WEEKEND: So many jump into opportunities without giving it a second thought. Some opportunities just pops out of the corner and we feel we should grab it.  Not every opportunity should be taken, they all aren't meant for you. Learn to be an effective planner. Plan in such a way that bad times won't hurt you much when they come by.

NOTE:  It isn't bad to have a role model, but don't wish to be like them. That is similar to wishing you had their destiny.
You can emulate the good in them but don't make them your yardstick.
Find out the best version of yourself, bring it out and be at your best always.
Learn from others experience, take and sieve advises above all  LOVE YOURSELF.
http://s1.cdn.autoevolution.com/images/news/how-to-avoid-traffic-jams-35319_2.jpg

#Jesustibab 
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE OTHER SIDE

Am not here to talk an about the other room oh LOL😆😆 this one is about the other side. Please drop your comments, I would love to know how you feel about this post.    I was in church for the digging deep service, when the Preacher started teaching I noticed what he was saying didn't correspond with the digging deep study sheet I was given.  I checked the date of the sheet and it was 18th of October 2016 and the date for that day was 11th. I noticed the congregation didn't look confused like I was so I thought of calling the attention of the usher.  Before I could get the attention of the ushers I decided to turn the other side of the sheet and there it was 11th October 2016 the topic for that day. NOTE: Before I realized the topic been preached was on the other side, the preacher was almost through with the teaching. This singular event opened my eyes to amazing life lessons I would be sharing here. 1) Majority of us have been believing God for a particular blessin

CONDUCTOR'S SECRET

Y e sterday i boarded a bus to work and the conductor taught me a very important life lesson.  When i entered i was the only one in the bus and there were several buses there calling out for passengers but this conductor of the bus i entered did something i loved. He went across the road and started calling for passengers, he assisted some in crossing the road and he carried luggage of others. He also had to persuade some that his bus was going to move immediately they entered and before the twinkle of an eye the bus was filled while other buses were still there. After some passengers dropped he had to call for more passengers, the first two passengers offered to pay less which was ridiculous.  He refused to carry them and the bus moved to another location, getting there he picked passengers who paid exactly what he called.  It got me thinking thank God he didn't to carry those who offered to less. LESSONS FROM THIS STORY Develop a strategy that makes people prefer you

HOW TO COPE WITH SLOW LEARNERS

I remember my first experience with a slow learner. At first I thought he was just lazy but later I realised it wasn't laziness. He was always quite, doesn't answer questions in class and rarely relate with his peers. Within months of my stay in the school I started noticing some changes in my boy. He now attempts assignment and classwork given. He talks in class and now relates well with his classmates. The trick is to first make them feel safe in class rather than make your expectations a burden to them. Over the years I've had to teach slow Learners and it has been a wonderful experience. The link below is a podcast where I talked on how to cope with Slow Learners. It's a ten minutes audio that summarizes strategies you can put in place when you have a slow learner in class. If you have questions, I'll be glad to answer them. https://anchor.fm/MissDairo%20/episodes/How-to-cope-with-Slow-Learners-ef5bj4 Don't forget to leave a comment and share w