DECISION MAKING Skip to main content

A story of my confused state

  2018, I moved to Ogun state and had to seek employment in a school within my vicinity. As a Lagos teacher, I was used to a vibrant class, swift answers and mushy acts by my students. So I resumed at my new work place with that fully charged energy. The first day got me confused. I was to teach the primary classes, I started my class and it was obvious these children were not following. They could neither understand what I was saying nor did they show any bit of interest. It was then I knew I had to start from the scratch. First, I had to create a connection. I wanted them to understand that I am first their friend. I needed to set the foundation that they can have both a friend and teacher in one. After that, I came down to their level. I made them feel and appreciate every little progress they made. I built up their interest in education. We worked together, applying several strategies I discovered and created, and within some month the growth was evident. Eureka is a book that ...

DECISION MAKING


In our stay here on earth we are bound to make choices which will either favour us or destroy  us.
now today we would be looking at two types of decisions and how they can change our lives forever. in the book of Ruth, after the death of Naomi's husband and sons  she decided to go back to her village and then bid her daughter in-laws farewell. but Oprah and Ruth made a decision to follow her. now we would be studying these decisions today.

1)  OPRAH's decision: when Naomi told her that she wants her to return to her hometown, she refused saying she would follow her to wherever she was going. but if we read through the story of Ruth we would discover that after much persuasion Oprah accepted to go home.
now, i kept on wondering why she didn't stand on her decision to follow Naomi home then i came up with this likely reasons.

a) Everything happened so sudden and she made her decision in a haste
b) going home with Naomi seemed like the best thing to do at that particular time.
c) she wanted to find favour in the sight of Naomi
d) she thought it would be wise to go with Ruth's decision

These major factors above made it difficult for her to stand on her decision. the decision wasn't built on a rigid platform.
Many of us today make decisions like this and then any little wind that blows makes us change our decision. you make your decision based on the economy of your country,

 You make your decision based on what friends are saying. you make your decision to suit people so that you would look good in their eyes.
such decisions are bound to change, they are bound to fall, they are bound to bring doom.               maybe you have taken a decision and it seems like its not working, check the foundation of that decision. what was it built on?
Just like when you're building a house, if the foundation of the house isn't strong the house would collapse but when the foundation is strong the house can withstand storm and wind.

what is the fundation of your decision? GO BACK AND MAKE IT STRONGER to be continued...
#Jesustibab

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

UNDERSTANDING the way to PERFECTION

Perfect sontin!!! I want a perfect job, husband,wife, boyfriend,girlfriend, I want to be perfect. These are demands we make daily. You can't get a perfect sontin, job, husband, wife, boyfriend, girlfriend... These are answers we get when we ask for the above. What exactly is perfection? Though the dictionary defined it as without fault, weakness, to be complete, exact and correct But in the actual sense understanding comes before perfection There is actually no perfect human on earth, but there perfect humans on earth if understanding is placed first. Perfection to me is "knowing the fault, weakness, lack... Of a person, thing, job or yourself, understanding it is already a part of them and deciding those you can change and those that can't be changed, then seeing the person, thing, job or yourself as perfect. For someone or something to be perfect You must have listed out their weakness and faults. Note those you can change and work on them Note those you can...

HOW TO COPE WITH SLOW LEARNERS

I remember my first experience with a slow learner. At first I thought he was just lazy but later I realised it wasn't laziness. He was always quite, doesn't answer questions in class and rarely relate with his peers. Within months of my stay in the school I started noticing some changes in my boy. He now attempts assignment and classwork given. He talks in class and now relates well with his classmates. The trick is to first make them feel safe in class rather than make your expectations a burden to them. Over the years I've had to teach slow Learners and it has been a wonderful experience. The link below is a podcast where I talked on how to cope with Slow Learners. It's a ten minutes audio that summarizes strategies you can put in place when you have a slow learner in class. If you have questions, I'll be glad to answer them. https://anchor.fm/MissDairo%20/episodes/How-to-cope-with-Slow-Learners-ef5bj4 Don't forget to leave a comment and share w...

MAT 25:14-30 PARABLE OF THE THREE SERVANTS

Hello friends today we would be studying the book of MAT 25:14-30 in a different way SUMMARY OF THE PARABLE OF THE THREE SERVANTS a particular master was about to go on a journey so he gave his first servant 5 talents, the second 2 talents and the last servant 1 talent after which he went on his journey. the first servant traded with his talents and added 5 more to it, the second servant also did the same and added 2 more but the last servants thought that he has been cheated, he felt he wasn't loved by his master so rather than trading with his talent he hid it until the return of his master. When the master returned he asked of the account of the talents and all the servants gave accounts. He appreciated the first two servants and had the last one thrown into the wilderness. EXPLANATION OF THE PARABLE The parable above is just exactly what happened when we all were been sent to the world. We were given talents which we ought to trade with here on earth ...